Monday, January 25, 2010

Dining on Lincoln Road


I went to Books and Books for dinner a few weeks ago. WIth the help of a gift certificate, I was able to enjoy a 3-course dinner on Lincoln Road without burning my credit card.

I started off with this Warm Pear and goat cheese salad. The pear was not tasty at all. However, the cheese and walnuts reminded me of a delicious Waldorf.

Next was the Seafood stew. It was hearty and a perfect warm dish since it was nearly 40 degrees outside and that was where I was sitting. Thanks to the heat lamps and this stew, I felt cozy. However, there was a lack of spice but just dipping the bread in the warm sauce was sufficient enough.



The final dish was the key lime pie with a fresh mango glaze. I swear you could smell the fresh key lime juice once the plate was placed on the table. It was an interesting combination with the key lime and mango.

I read Jack Kerouac's "On the Road" by Candlelight. But when my food arrived, I moved onto my other favorite hobby: people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment