Monday, April 12, 2010

Sleep, where art thou?

There are so many elements of daily life activities that humans have full control over, I wonder why I can't control sleep?

It may have to do with the obvious facts such as blogging at 3:20AM, but in all honesty, it's as if there is this piece missing within me that prevents me from sleeping through the night without anxiety or ADD.

I've made the much dreaded appointment with an ENT to see if maybe I suffer from sleep apnea because of my nose. I'd like to have a normal sleep schedule which I never really had in my life.

Even as a kid with a bedtime, I used to stay up and think these crazy stories. I remember when we lived in Carol City, a fairly scary and ghetto place, that I couldn't sleep and would hear cars speeding by or people fighting all the time.

Even now, while we live in a fairly quiet place, it's as if my brain is on overdrive from any sound or strange feeling.

I joke to myself that maybe I am on Pacific time, but in all fairness and wishes, I just want to be tired by midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment